Pre-NAPLEX Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the Pre-NAPLEX scored?
- Do candidates get to review the questions?
- Can my school cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for students?
- Who do I contact if I experience technical difficulties?
- How much time should candidates allocate to complete the Pre-NAPLEX?
- How do I have my credit card information removed from my e-Profile?
1. How is the Pre-NAPLEX scored?
The Pre-NAPLEX is scored in a similar fashion as the NAPLEX. Students who complete the exam will be given an estimated scaled score based on their answers to the Pre-NAPLEX questions. Candidates will have the ability to print their score report for their personal records. Pre-NAPLEX scores will not be released to anyone other than the candidate.
2. Do candidates get to review the questions?
No. Since the Pre-NAPLEX is designed to perform like the actual NAPLEX, reviewing a completed exam, or reviewing previously answered questions while taking the exam, is not permitted.
3. Can my school cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for students?
Schools and colleges of pharmacy may purchase vouchers to cover the cost of the Pre-NAPLEX for their students. Each voucher costs $55 and is good for one examination. Schools that order 100 or more vouchers earn a 10% discount. To order vouchers, schools should fill out the Pre-NAPLEX Voucher Order Form along with a purchase order (if desired). Schools will be invoiced for the purchase and the contact person indicated on the order form will be emailed a spreadsheet that contains the voucher codes, along with additional usage instructions. Voucher codes can be used for two years from the date of purchase.
4. Who do I contact if I experience technical difficulties?
Please contact NABP Customer Service at 847/391-4406 should you experience any computer problems while registering for or taking the Pre-NAPLEX. Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Central Time.
5. How much time should candidates allocate to complete the Pre-NAPLEX?
When taking the Pre-NAPLEX, candidates are allotted 140 minutes to complete the 100-question examination. This time limit is proportional to the time allowed on the NAPLEX. Please allow an additional 15-20 minutes to complete the registration process and the exit survey. Once a candidate registers and pays for the Pre-NAPLEX, they will have seven days to take the examination.
6. How do I have my credit card information removed from my e-Profile?
If you would like credit card information removed from your e-Profile, please contact NABP customer service via email after you have completed your transaction. Include the information listed below in your email and your credit card will be inactivated. Please note that inactivating the credit card on file does not delete or inactivate your e-Profile account information from the NABP database. You will receive notification within 72 hours that your credit card has been inactivated.
- Applicant’s name and NABP e-Profile ID
- Name that appears on the credit card
- Type of the card to be removed
- Last 4 digits of credit card to be removed
- Expiration date on the card to be removed
Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com if you have any additional questions.