- What is the Pre-FPGEE?
- Who should take the Pre-FPGEE?
- How can the Pre-FPGEE help candidates prepare for the FPGEE?
- How is the Pre-FPGEE scored?
- What should candidates do to prepare for the Pre-FPGEE?
- How does an candidate's performance on the Pre-FPGEE relate to his or her performance on the actual FPGEE?
- May candidates review the questions?
- Can candidates obtain a printed version of the Pre-FPGEE?
- How much does the Pre-FPGEE cost and how do candidates submit payment?
- Can a candidate take the Pre-FPGEE more than once?
- What are the minimum system requirements to take the Pre-FPGEE?
- Who do I contact if I experience technical difficulties?
- How much time should candidates allocate to complete the Pre-FPGEE?
- Are the questions on the Pre-FPGEE similar to actual FPGEE questions?
- How do I have my credit card information removed from my e-Profile?
The Pre-FPGEE is the only Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination® (FPGEE®) practice examination written and developed by NABP. It is meant to help familiarize FPGEC candidates with the FPGEE testing experience. Candidates can sit for the Pre-FPGEE at any time on any day; however, once the practice test has been started, it must be completed within seven days. After the seventh day the test will expire and a new test must be purchased. The cost for the Pre-FPGEE is $50. Once a candidate registers and pays for the Pre-FPGEE, they will have seven days to launch the examination.
The Pre-FPGEE is intended to benefit FPGEC candidates who are preparing for the FPGEE. However, anyone who is interested may register and take the Pre-FPGEE. There are no eligibility requirements to take the Pre-FPGEE.
The questions on the Pre-FPGEE are actual questions that have previously appeared on the FPGEE. The form contains items based on the same blueprint used for the FPGEE.
The Pre-FPGEE is scored in a similar fashion as the FPGEE. Candidates who complete the examination will be given an estimated scaled score based on their answers to the Pre-FPGEE questions. Candidates will have the ability to print their score report for their personal records. Pre-FPGEE scores will not be released to anyone other than the candidate.
Preparing for the Pre-FPGEE should at the very least include reviewing the FPGEE Blueprint and the associated knowledge base of a recent US pharmacy school graduate. The FPGEE Blueprint can be found in the FPGEC Application Bulletin. Since the full benefit of this experience requires that you complete the Pre-FPGEE on your own, the Pre-FPGEE should not be taken in a group or with study aids or reference materials on hand.
6. How does a candidate's performance on the Pre-FPGEE relate to his or her performance on the actual FPGEE?
The Pre-FPGEE score is intended to provide you with information on your performance in answering a subset of test questions similar to those you will encounter on the FPGEE under pre-testing conditions. NABP does not claim that a strong performance on the Pre-FPGEE predicts passing the FPGEE.
Yes, candidates are able to go back and review questions when taking the Pre-FPGEE.
No, the Pre-FPGEE is only administered via a computer.
The cost of the Pre-FPGEE is $50. Candidates register online and may use any major credit card.
Candidates may only take each Pre-FPGEE test form once; however, a new form is available approximately four weeks before each FPGEE administration.
To take the Pre-FPGEE, a computer running either Microsoft Windows 7 or 8/8.1 or Mac OS 10.7 (Snow Leopard) through 10.10 (Yosemite) operating system software is required and must meet the following system requirements:
- Mozilla Firefox 38.0 and higher
- Google Chrome 43.0 and higher
- Internet Explorer 11 and higher, with text size set to medium or smaller
- Reliable Internet access (high-speed connection preferred for optimal performance)
- Note: Because wireless Internet routers may fail, NABP recommends using a direct Internet connection while taking the Pre-FPGEE.
- Access to a printer for score reports
PLEASE NOTE: The Safari browser on the Mac platform is NOT supported, and you may encounter difficulties in completing the exam if you utilize Safari as your browser. Please utilize Chrome or Firefox if you plan to take your Pre-FPGEE using an Apple computer.
Please contact NABP Customer Service at 847/391-4406 should you experience any computer problems while registering for or taking the Pre-FPGEE. Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM Central time
When taking the Pre-FPGEE, candidates are allotted 85 minutes to complete the 66-question test. This time limit is proportional to the time allowed on the FPGEE. Please allow an additional 15-20 minutes to complete the registration process and the exit survey. Once a candidate registers and pays for the Pre-FPGEE, they will have seven days to take the test.
The questions on the Pre-FPGEE are actual questions that have previously appeared on the FPGEE examination. The Pre-FPGEE contains standalone items based on the same blueprint used for the FPGEE.
The contents of the Pre-FPGEE are confidential and protected under applicable intellectual property rights, including copyright laws. All documents, examination questions, answers, and confidential information received from this exam shall remain the exclusive property of NABP. The disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, receiving without authorization, or making available the Pre-FPGEE including, but not limited to, examination question format, questions, in whole or in part, in any form and by any means, whether verbal, written, electronic, or mechanical, for any purpose, is prohibited at all times.
If NABP obtains information indicating an examination candidate disclosed, published, reproduced, transmitted, received without authorization, or made available any portion of the Pre-FPGEE, as described above, in any form to or from individuals, organizations, study groups, or the like, NABP may take actions against the candidate resulting in but not limited to disqualification from the FPGEE program, civil penalties and/or criminal proceedings.
If you would like credit card information removed from your e-Profile, please contact NABP customer service via email after you have completed your transaction. Include the information listed below in your email and your credit card will be inactivated. Please note that inactivating the credit card on file does not delete or inactivate your e-Profile account information from the NABP database. You will receive notification within 72 hours that your credit card has been inactivated.
- Applicant’s name and NABP e-Profile ID
- Name that appears on the credit card
- Type of the card to be removed
- Last 4 digits of credit card to be removed
- Expiration date on the card to be removed
Please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.