Registering for the NAPLEX
Register with NABP
Eligibility for the NAPLEX is based on fulfillment of requirements set by each board of pharmacy. The boards of pharmacy grant eligibility and most boards post their requirements on their websites. NABP recommends that you check requirements before registering for the NAPLEX. If you have not met a state’s requirements, you will not receive your authorization to test (ATT) and you will not be able to schedule your exam with Pearson VUE, NABP’s test vendor.
Utah Candidates for Licensure
Beginning April 1, 2015, NABP confirms eligibility to test for candidates who select Utah as their primary state of eligibility. A NAPLEX/MPJE Eligibility Request form must be completed and returned to NABP. There is a one-time $85 processing fee. This fee covers both the NAPLEX and MPJE.
Schedule Your Test with Pearson VUE
Once the board determines you meet eligibility requirements, Pearson VUE will e-mail you an ATT, which includes the time frame during which you are eligible to test and an authorization number. You will schedule your test with Pearson VUE after you receive your ATT.
See the NAPLEX/MPJE Registration Bulletin for detailed information about the registration process.
NABP is aware of Web sites that are posting NABP documents, such as examination registration bulletins, without NABP authorization. In some cases, the material that is posted on such sites may be outdated and/or incorrect. Please ensure that you visit www.nabp.net to obtain current, official NABP documents and materials or contact NABP customer service if you have any questions.
On Exam Day
The following are necessary when arriving at Pearson VUE:
- Bring two forms of identification, at least one of which must be a current United States or Canadian passport, military ID, driver’s license, or state or province ID. See the NAPLEX/MPJE Administration section of the Registration Bulletin for specific requirements. If you do not have the correct IDs with you on the day of your test, you will not be able to test.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to allow for check-in procedures. You may be required to forfeit your appointment if you do not allow enough time.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all of the procedures and restrictions noted in the NAPLEX/MPJE Registration Bulletin.
Rescheduling Your Exam
It costs $50 to reschedule your NAPLEX or MPJE. That fee is payable to Pearson VUE and will be collected either online if you reschedule on Pearson VUE’s Web site, or by customer service if you call Pearson VUE’s call center at 1-888/709-2679.
If You Miss Your Exam
If you miss your examination appointment and your eligibility period has not expired, you may submit a fee to NABP to reopen your record:
- NAPLEX – $140 per missed appointment
- MPJE – $90 per missed appointment
Once your fee has been received, your record will be updated and you will receive a new ATT. You can submit the fee online by logging into the online application and selecting the "Re-Apply" tab. Or you may submit a certified check or money order made payable to the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy at: