- What examination is accepted for the English language proficiency component of FPGEC Certification?
- Where can I take the TOEFL iBT?
- Where do I send my application?
- Where do I send my official documentation?
- Where do I send my additional supporting documentation?
- What is the fee schedule for submitting fees to NABP for FPGEC Certification?
- What is the fee schedule for submitting fees to ECE for evaluation?
- Where do I send my application package if I am retaking the FPGEE?
- How do I contact ECE?
1. What examination is accepted for the English language proficiency component of FPGEC Certification?
Effective April 1, 2010, the TOEFL iBT is the sole English language proficiency examination accepted for new candidates seeking FPGEC Certification. Score reports from the paper-based TOEFL and TSE will not be accepted from new candidates beginning April 1.
The FPGEC will only accept TOEFL iBT score reports from ETS test centers located in NABP member and associate member jurisdictions. This includes the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Australia, eight Canadian provinces, and New Zealand. See the District Composition section of the NABP Web site for a full listing.
Please note: The FPGEC will not accept any score reports from the Los Angeles, CA, ETS test site located at 3540 Wilshire Boulevard.
New candidates: If this is your first time applying to the FPGEC Certification Program, send the completed FPGEC Application and fees to NABP and an ECE Application Form and fees to ECE.
Returning candidates: If your program file has been closed and you wish to reapply, send the complete FPGEC Application and fees to NABP and an ECE Application Form and fees to ECE.
Official documentation includes the transcript, proof of the degree, and proof of the license and/or registration and must be submitted as follows:
- New candidates: Send the transcript and proof of the degree to ECE accompanied by the ECE Application Form. These candidates will send proof of the license and/or registration to the FPGEC.
- Returning candidates: Candidates whose program file has been closed will send the transcript and proof of the degree to ECE accompanied by the ECE Application Form. These candidates will send proof of the license and/or registration to the FPGEC.
A note on official documentation: The FPGEC has seen a rise in fraudulent documents. These fraudulent documents come from entities pretending to be official government offices with the right to approve documents. These entities say they can speed the authentication of educational and licensure and/or registration documents for use abroad. Candidates should tell friends and relatives gathering documents for them to make sure that documents are from the issuing bodies only. If the FPGEC receives fraudulent documents, the application will be delayed and your acceptance to the FPGEC Certification Program may be jeopardized.
Additional supporting documentation may include a marriage certificate, proof of name change, birth certificate, translations, or other documentation supporting the application. These documents must be submitted to the FPGEC. However, please note that ECE may, during the evaluation of the official education documentation, require that candidates send additional supporting documentation to them as well for review.
Payments must be made to NABP in the form of a certified check, cashier’s check, or money order, payable in US funds through a US bank. The purchase date of the check or money order must appear on all forms of payment. Personal checks, bank drafts, and cash or other unapproved forms of payment will not be accepted. Your name, as it appears on the application form, should be shown on all payments.
New candidates: Candidates applying for the first time are required to submit a fee of $1,200. This fee includes a $450 fee for the evaluation of all documentation and a $750 fee for the examination.
Retaking the FPGEE: Candidates applying for re-examination after failure are required to submit a fee of $750.
Returning candidates: Candidates re-applying after withdrawal or file closure are required to submit $1,200.
Payment to ECE must be made in US dollars by money order, check, or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). If the money order or check is issued by a bank outside of the US, it must contain the printed name of the US bank with which the bank is affiliated. ECE cannot accept bank drafts or cash. All fees are subject to change without notice.
If you did not obtain a passing FPGEE score in the past and you are applying to retake the FPGEE, you must complete and submit a new FPGEC Application, two identical recent photographs, and the appropriate fees as indicated in FAQ 6 above, to NABP. Before you will be accepted to retake the FPGEE, your previously submitted documentation will be re-evaluated by the FPGEC. If there is additional documentation required, the FPGEC will notify you in writing.
You may contact ECE directly at:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Web site: www.ece.org/nabp