Set Yourself Apart!
The Vet-VIPPS program (Veterinary-Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites) accredits online pharmacies that dispense prescription drugs and devices for companion and non-food producing animals and assures your customers that they are purchasing drugs and devices from an online pharmacy that is properly licensed and complying with state and federal laws and regulations.
Vet-VIPPS accreditation addresses a growing sector of Internet pharmacy – online sale of prescription pet medications. Accreditation requirements incorporate criteria specific to veterinary pharmacies; this criteria protects the health and well being of well-loved pets across the country.
The Vet-VIPPS program is an expansion of the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites program, which NABP established in 1999 after a coalition of state and federal regulatory associations, professional associations, and consumer advocacy groups provided their expertise to develop criteria for accredited Internet pharmacies to follow as part of their commitment to public health protection.
Pharmacies displaying the Vet-VIPPS Seal comply with Vet-VIPPS criteria, which address a customer’s right to privacy, authentication and security of prescription orders, adherence to a recognized quality assurance policy, and provision of meaningful consultation between customers and pharmacists.
Vet-VIPPS pharmacy sites display the Vet-VIPPS Seal on their Web sites. The Seal is a key benchmark for consumers to measure a pharmacy’s practice and by clicking on the Vet-VIPPS Seal, they are able to access verified information about the pharmacy.
Vet-VIPPS Accreditation Process Overview
- Submit an application, required documentation, and specified fees to NABP
- NABP reviews policies and procedures to ensure adherence to Vet-VIPPS criteria
- NABP verifies the pharmacy’s license status
- NABP performs an on-site survey
Vet-VIPPS Accreditation Maintenance Overview
- Once accredited, an annual review and three-year reaccreditation are performed.
- To ensure continued compliance, all Vet-VIPPS accredited sites are surveyed once every three years.
- Policies and procedures may be required to be submitted and re-reviewed as part of annual compliance requirements, reaccreditation, or if the scope of the pharmacy changes (ie, ownership, location, types of products offered).
The Vet-VIPPS Seal assures your customers that you are upholding the highest pharmacy standards. Apply today and set yourself apart!