Set Yourself Apart!
The Veterinary-Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites program (Vet-VIPPS) accredits online pharmacies that dispense prescription drugs and devices for companion and non-food producing animals and assures your customers that they are purchasing drugs and devices from an online pharmacy that is properly licensed and complying with state and federal laws and regulations.
The Vet-VIPPS program is an expansion of the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites program.
Vet-VIPPS pharmacy sites display the Vet-VIPPS Seal on their websites. The Seal is a key benchmark for consumers to measure a pharmacy’s practice and by clicking on the Vet-VIPPS Seal, they are able to access verified information about the pharmacy.
Pharmacies displaying the Vet-VIPPS Seal comply with Vet-VIPPS criteria, which address a customer’s right to privacy, authentication and security of prescription orders, adherence to a recognized quality assurance policy, and provision of meaningful consultation between customers and pharmacists.
Vet-VIPPS Accreditation Process Overview
- Submit an application, required documentation, and specified fees to NABP
- NABP reviews policies and procedures to ensure adherence to Vet-VIPPS criteria
- NABP verifies the pharmacy’s license status
- NABP performs an on-site survey
Vet-VIPPS Accreditation Maintenance Overview
- Once accredited, an annual review and three-year reaccreditation are performed.
- To ensure continued compliance, all Vet-VIPPS accredited sites are surveyed once every three years.
- Policies and procedures may be required to be submitted and re-reviewed as part of annual compliance requirements, reaccreditation, or if the scope of the pharmacy changes (ie, ownership, location, types of products offered).
The Vet-VIPPS Seal assures your customers that you are upholding the highest pharmacy standards. Apply today and set yourself apart!
Vet-VIPPS and the .Pharmacy TLD Program
Vet-VIPPS-accredited pharmacies are eligible for a waived application fee for the .pharmacy Top-Level Domain program. This means that Vet-VIPPS-accredited entities have the option to register and use a .pharmacy TLD for any of their websites that have been approved through the Vet-VIPPS accreditation process. Vet-VIPPS entities will only need to pay domain name registration fees to an approved registrar. Vet-VIPPS entities registering a .pharmacy TLD will have their site listed on the approved sites page at safe.pharmacy.
Online retailers of prescription drugs who seek Vet-VIPPS accreditation know that they will benefit from NABP’s recognized credibility and the Vet-VIPPS program and Seal. The Vet-VIPPS Seal demonstrates public accountability – it is also a symbol of a pharmacy’s commitment to its patients’ health and safety.