NABP's DMEPOS accreditation program is the reliable and cost-effective choice for those pharmacies seeking durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies accreditation. With more than 100 years of experience in pharmacy, NABP understands the complexities of modern pharmacy practice and is committed to ensuring that Medicare beneficiaries receive the appropriate products, services, and patient care associated with DMEPOS products.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) mandates that certain suppliers of DMEPOS must attain accreditation to obtain or maintain Medicare billing privileges. NABP DMEPOS accreditation ensures that a pharmacy meets rigourous program standards.
NABP's DMEPOS accreditation program is best suited to pharmacies that distribute DMEPOS products and services that fall within NABP's scope of accreditation.
Three Steps to DMEPOS Accreditation
Verification of Licensure
- NABP collects documentation demonstrating that the pharmacy is licensed and in good standing with the applicable board(s) of pharmacy or state regulatory agency.
- NABP verifies pharmacy and appropriate staff licenses.
- NABP thoroughly screens the applicant through the NABP Disciplinary Clearinghouse.
Confirmation of Professional Policies and Procedures
- NABP assesses the pharmacy's policies and procedures against CMS quality standards and NABP program standards.
- NABP assesses the pharmacy's compliance with CMS and NABP requirements for personnel, the pharmacy, record keeping, and patient services.
On-Site Survey of the Pharmacy
- Experienced surveyors evaluate operations, survey the pharmacy, interview staff, and verify documents.
- NABP compares the pharmacy's written policies and procedures with its actual practices.
- CMS requires that surveys are unannounced.