Committee & Task Force Reports
Single Issue Task Forces
NABP provides guidance on current topics of interest to the state boards of pharmacy through the use of single-issue task forces. When an issue arises that requires special expertise or a commitment of time and funds, a task force is appointed to explore and address an explicit charge. Often, these issues address topics from resolutions that are approved by the membership at the NABP Annual Meeting. After a task force meets, its findings, along with recommended actions, are reported to the NABP Executive Committee for final approval. Those interested in joining a committee or task force may submit this interest form (PDF).
For 2014-2015, the following task force reports were issued:
- Report of the Task Force on Prescription Drug Abuse
- Report of the Task Force to Examine Strategies for Preventing and Reacting to Pharmacy Robberies and Thefts
- Report of the Task Force on Standards for the Use of PMP Data
- Report of the Task Force on Medication Synchronization
For 2013-2014, the following task force reports were issued:
- Report of the Task Force on Pharmacy Licensure Standards
- Report of the Task Force on the Regulation of Pharmacy Benefit Managers
For 2012-2013, the following task force reports were issued:
- Report of the Task Force on Virtual Manufacturers and Virtual Wholesale Distributors
- Report of the Task Force on Drug Return and Reuse Programs
- Report of the Task Force for the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test Passing Standards
For 2011-2012, the following task force reports were issued:
- Report of the Task Force on Internet Pharmacy Practice
- Report of the Task Force to Review and Recommend Revisions to the Controlled Substances Act
- Report of the Task Force on Pharmacy Practice Technology Systems
- Report of the Task Force on the Control and Accountability of Prescription Medications
For 2010-2011, the following task force report was issued:
Task Force reports from previous years can be found by searching the topic Committee and Task Force Reports in the Newsroom.
Authorized by the NABP Constitution and Bylaws, the Association’s standing committees annually perform specific responsibilities that are essential to the success of NABP programs and procedures. Once a committee has explored its assigned issues, the members submit recommendations or resolutions to the NABP Executive Committee for consideration.
The Committee on Resolutions reviews all resolutions submitted to the Association for consideration at the Annual Meeting and recommends to the delegates “pass,” “do not pass,” or “no recommendation.” Members conduct their responsibilities during NABP’s Annual Meetings.
The Committee on Constitution and Bylaws reviews proposed amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws, suggests changes where appropriate, and issues a recommendation for each proposed amendment. View the:
The Committee on Law Enforcement/Legislation reviews and comments on existing legislation and rules for the practice of pharmacy. Additionally, the Committee develops model regulations for pharmacy as assigned by the Executive Committee, from resolutions adopted by the members of the Association, or from reports of the other task forces of the Association. Finally, the committee recommends areas where model regulations are needed in pharmacy for improving the protection of the public health. View the:
The NABP Advisory Committee on Examinations oversees the development and administration of all the examination programs, considers policy matters, develops long-range planning strategies, and recommends action on specific issues to the NABP Executive Committee.
Committee reports from previous years can be found by searching the topic Committee and Task Force Reports in the Newsroom.